Ari Seth Cohen roams the street of New York looking for the most stylish and creative older folks. His blog is celebration of respecting your elders, living life to the fullest, and proving that personal style advances with age.
One of his subject reckons that ” the older she gets, the less she cares what other people think”. Yeeehaaa, you go girl!
I’m inspired and am going to totally be rocking those 6 inch platforms and bright turbans into my seventies.
Photo credit: Ari Seth Cohen
71 year old Joyce (above) offers some sage style advice to us young whipper-snappers:
- Gloves – they make an outfit, if it’s the right glove it can do everything for you
- Getting a good black dress that you can fix up with different wonderful coloured scarves
- Marvelous jewellery, it doesn’t have to be real or expensive, a strand of pearls can make an outfit
- A wonderful large fiocco, a beautiful bow or a boa
- The right neckline, if you have a beautiful decolletage then by all means show it
- I look for the brightest colours in shoes, don’t be afraid to wear them with a dark dress. A bright scarf and shoes and gloves of the same colour will stand out against the black background of a dress or suit
- The older you get, the more elegance you want, you can use great colour, but in an elegant way
- Don;t be afraid to be unique, to be different
- Fishnet stocking, incredible
- The real secret is being in love with life and realizing what you have
Check out Advanced Style